Flat spot

GB.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All B18C4 and B18C1 engines have this flat spot, just looking through the fuel tables for the C4 engine, as the revs increase more fuel is added but for some reason around the 2-2500 rev mark the fuelling is decreased then increased again. There must be a reason for it not sure what though. this happens at partial throttle and wide open throttle.

All B18C4 and B18C1 engines have this flat spot, just looking through the fuel tables for the C4 engine, as the revs increase more fuel is added but for some reason around the 2-2500 rev mark the fuelling is decreased then increased again. There must be a reason for it not sure what though. this happens at partial throttle and wide open throttle.

Chances are its there to pass emission tests, its a real problem in the bike world hence a massive aftermarket trade in fuel altering systems. I imagine the problem worsening with induction kits and open exhausts. I have software on my bike which allows me to alter the fuelling on each cylinder individually at different rpm and throttle positions of the ECM itself but that doesn't seem available in the four wheeled world.

Chances are its there to pass emission tests, its a real problem in the bike world hence a massive aftermarket trade in fuel altering systems. I imagine the problem worsening with induction kits and open exhausts. I have software on my bike which allows me to alter the fuelling on each cylinder individually at different rpm and throttle positions of the ECM itself but that doesn't seem available in the four wheeled world.

Archived