Flat spot

GB.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's interesting, but what software do I need to do that? Because I'm sure if I just turn the dizzy old school style it will be to much in the upper rev range. ... I'm not familiar with how the ECM works on these, but I would imagine it has a learning loop area in its range which sets the St failure to 14.7-1 based on O2,air temp,engine temp etc, now if the conditions are right/wrong the ECM will to lean it off some more on the whole map, when its already lean in certain areas it will create a flat spot.

That's interesting, but what software do I need to do that? Because I'm sure if I just turn the dizzy old school style it will be to much in the upper rev range. ... I'm not familiar with how the ECM works on these, but I would imagine it has a learning loop area in its range which sets the St failure to 14.7-1 based on O2,air temp,engine temp etc, now if the conditions are right/wrong the ECM will to lean it off some more on the whole map, when its already lean in certain areas it will create a flat spot.

http://www.megamanual.com/index.html

more parameters needed perhaps? ;)

the smoother the curve the better ;)

maybe TPS needs looking @ volt metre ect rising on opening throttle> :idea: see volts deilivered to ecm/=fuel deilivery@low opening,=too much fuel /not enough fuel?=splutterget that voltmeter out Graham :idea: hot/cold diffrence? :idea: ECT/IAT all to be checked!!while you are in the area 8-) as well as injectors ;)

just put My intake back on :idea:;)

maybe, just maybe? undo your last modification to see if problem still exists :idea:

http://www.megamanual.com/index.html

more parameters needed perhaps? ;)

the smoother the curve the better ;)

maybe TPS needs looking @ volt metre ect rising on opening throttle> :idea: see volts deilivered to ecm/=fuel deilivery@low opening,=too much fuel /not enough fuel?=splutterget that voltmeter out Graham :idea: hot/cold diffrence? :idea: ECT/IAT all to be checked!!while you are in the area 8-) as well as injectors ;)

just put My intake back on :idea:;)

maybe, just maybe? undo your last modification to see if problem still exists :idea:

Archived