another problem!!! wtf is going on?

ep82

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An earthing wire can be broken inside of the rubber sleeve, if its moved/knocked the connection can be made and if its moved again it can be lost. A new earthing kit is like £30, it might be worth a try.

I always try to swap out the cheapest things first if you're trouble shooting :mrgreen:

An earthing wire can be broken inside of the rubber sleeve, if its moved/knocked the connection can be made and if its moved again it can be lost. A new earthing kit is like £30, it might be worth a try.

I always try to swap out the cheapest things first if you're trouble shooting :mrgreen:

Right... update.

Had enough of the car so took it to another garage. but this one is owned by a customer of mine, he is very friend and we are sort of friends, spoke to him for a while and before I left I asked if he wanted to see the problem (as it clicked about 3 times before it started up before I took it to him).

Got a feeling that the car will play up and start first time!!! turned the key and clicked once and nothing. he looked here and there and got a set of jump leads out, connected one end to the ' - ' and the other end to the engine and all the lights came back on. car fired up straight away. I turned the car off and tried to start again but it's doing the same...nothing. So I went down to autobits and got myself a replacement earthing lead and connected it up. Will have to see how it goes, so far, started it up twice and seems fine.

Right... update.

Had enough of the car so took it to another garage. but this one is owned by a customer of mine, he is very friend and we are sort of friends, spoke to him for a while and before I left I asked if he wanted to see the problem (as it clicked about 3 times before it started up before I took it to him).

Got a feeling that the car will play up and start first time!!! turned the key and clicked once and nothing. he looked here and there and got a set of jump leads out, connected one end to the ' - ' and the other end to the engine and all the lights came back on. car fired up straight away. I turned the car off and tried to start again but it's doing the same...nothing. So I went down to autobits and got myself a replacement earthing lead and connected it up. Will have to see how it goes, so far, started it up twice and seems fine.

Archived