another problem!!! wtf is going on?

ep82

Right. it's time to me to sound like a div. :oops:

anyone can show me where the starter motor is? i look on the haynes and honda manule and i cant find it, well not a clear pic anyway.

Rich. so check and clean the batter terminals, and check all the earthing leads from the engine to the body? do I just undo them and wash them down maybe in wd40?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right. it's time to me to sound like a div. :oops:

anyone can show me where the starter motor is? i look on the haynes and honda manule and i cant find it, well not a clear pic anyway.

Rich. so check and clean the batter terminals, and check all the earthing leads from the engine to the body? do I just undo them and wash them down maybe in wd40?

yeah, and maybe a light scrub up with sandpaper mate, to make sure theres good contact. Ive not got a decent engin bay shot to show where it is! If you want I'll take one tomorrow? Just check around the right side (when your standing at the front, facing the front of the car) where the gearbox mates to the engine mate, should be there and easy to spot ;-)

yeah, and maybe a light scrub up with sandpaper mate, to make sure theres good contact. Ive not got a decent engin bay shot to show where it is! If you want I'll take one tomorrow? Just check around the right side (when your standing at the front, facing the front of the car) where the gearbox mates to the engine mate, should be there and easy to spot ;-)

I have to say that I had a simmilar problem roughly a year ago. It was an earthing problem and a nice new one sorted the problem. Unfortunately that was just a start of the problems on mine and it continued till I changed the distributor.

Hope that's any help.

Michael

I have to say that I had a simmilar problem roughly a year ago. It was an earthing problem and a nice new one sorted the problem. Unfortunately that was just a start of the problems on mine and it continued till I changed the distributor.

Hope that's any help.

Michael

Thanks for the input everyone

I disconnected the battery last night so I can reset the ecu

This morning I took off the cam cover to cross bar earthing lead and given that a good clean with sand paper and WD-40. I also took off a lead which I guess is by the starter motor and it's earthed underneath the airbox... gave that and the battery terminal leads a good clean. connected everything up and the car started.

Is there anymore leads I should do? the car seems fine now but I dont want to go out incase I get stranded.

If I was to get my friend garge to fix this. should I get them to check the starter motor or dizzy? what should I say to check? just not starting problem?

Thanks for the input everyone

I disconnected the battery last night so I can reset the ecu

This morning I took off the cam cover to cross bar earthing lead and given that a good clean with sand paper and WD-40. I also took off a lead which I guess is by the starter motor and it's earthed underneath the airbox... gave that and the battery terminal leads a good clean. connected everything up and the car started.

Is there anymore leads I should do? the car seems fine now but I dont want to go out incase I get stranded.

If I was to get my friend garge to fix this. should I get them to check the starter motor or dizzy? what should I say to check? just not starting problem?

lol, just pm'd you as you were posting this! I'd look for the thinner live wire from the starter mate, there should be a heavy guage one and a thinner guage one. Make sure it has a really clean, good contact onto the terminal on the starter. I think that with you cleaning the earth straps/wires, it seems to have cured the problem (hopefully!)

lol, just pm'd you as you were posting this! I'd look for the thinner live wire from the starter mate, there should be a heavy guage one and a thinner guage one. Make sure it has a really clean, good contact onto the terminal on the starter. I think that with you cleaning the earth straps/wires, it seems to have cured the problem (hopefully!)

Archived