heat wrap on manifold.

weetec

well guys, just dropping in to say i just ripped off the heat wrap i had on my new 4-1 manifold. heres why.

when i first put it on it stunk for a week and nearly poisoned me whilst driving. the smell of the stuff is unbearable. with the damp cold air in the mornings the heat wrap absorbs the moist air, hence when the manifold warms up it drys out and smells in the car really bad again. id think twice when using this stuff.

as for keeping the heat contained in the manifold it certainly does the job. i was able to hold the manifold to test the product. probably for race applications really. i wouldnt recommend it for the daily driver. bought it from these guys,

http://www.thermalvelocity.co.uk/Exhaust-Wrap-/c-1-105/

i went to the factory in hyde as its not far from me. 10/10 for doing the job but for a daily driver 4/10...unless you can hack the smell of chemicals.

i wouldnt bother matey, i had it on 4 weeks until today. i couldnt help notice the smell. i was going to change the pollen filter as i thought it had the smell stuck in it. but it gradually got worse and so did my health.

my next plan is to take the manifold off and have a steel sheet wrapped/welded around it, a bit like a standard manifold... strictly to stop the heat from the manifold cooking the engine oil.

the heat wrap definetly got rid of the hot gases from the manifold as my new exhaust back box has burnt a new home in to the bumper. it wether you can hack the smell, and beleive me its awfull.

Archived