d15z3

kimjim

hi from leicester!!!

i have a d15z3 vtec-e...i think its ma9. i want to keep it n/a it is 90bhp stock i believe. i want to know what is the potential of this engine. Here is some talk about d15z6 which is also vtec-e but has 115hp standard :

http://www.d-series.org/forums/naturally-aspirated/59672-one-more-time-d15z6-2.html

on post 38 there is an good graph and some nice figures at 150hp

For someone who doesnt want the link this is what he has done:

D16y8 IM

D16y8 cam

D16y8 "bridge"

B16a2 TB

OBD2 240cc injectors

CAI

Supersprint catback

Supersprint decat

Supersprint header 4-2-1

camgear

TCC flywheel

D16z6 clutch

Password:JDM heatshield

Zeitronix wbO2

S8G gearbox

P28 ecu, Cromed on the dyno.

i have no idea how much all this is but a guess would be 500-1000

i guess if i could get 130+ i would maybe consider it! just after any opinions, experiences, any other thoughts...

thanks very much im sure ill enjoy my stay here!

yes thanks you guys i think i will go with just do a simple mods atm...then maybe get a vti or put in a b16.

btw this vtec-e engine is frickin awesome...i just keep going round and round and i never hav 2 stop for feul, god bless honda!!!

• 3 weeks later...
what do you guys think of a d16z6 swap? im after more power atm but i cant get an esi because of insurance. id need 2 get it cheap and do it myself...

hi

Ive done it!!

ive got an MA9 which had the d15z3 engine and i've whacked the d16z6 in now!!!

the power difference is quite noticeable!!!

i done the work myself with the help of a m8 and its a straight swap i had 2 swap a few wires on the injectors and a few others so make sure u get the loom with it!!

also the d16z6 revs 2 7500 so u will need the ecu 2 get the revs!!! it will run fine with the standard ecu but will only rev 2 6500 :( ive made this mistake myself

also because the d15z3 is a vtec-e engine the cat is in the manifold where as the cat isn't in the manifold on the d16z6, so if u use the d16 manifold (which will bolt straight on to your standard exhaust system) you will have an easy DIY cat-back system ;)

hope this helps

cheerz!!

Archived