VTEC controller advice.

edwardm

It will not damage the engine . i have a apexi vafc 2 on my mb6 turbo but that was a raise the vtec from 4500 rpm (standard on the mb6) to 5500 to come on just after the turbo cut in .

you will be looking to pay £100-£150 for one and there is about 10 wires to tag into the ecu loom . you will need to know what you are doing and you will need a pinout for the p9k mb6 ecu to get the wires right .

they are no good really on the mb6 for use with the vtec as its so low already on the mb6 but the controller also does adjust the air fuel ratio's in 500 rpm stages so if you have some mods you can make the best out of them , but to do that you will need to pay a mapper an hour on the dyno to get the best out of it .

Rich.

This has been cover so may time on this forum i can 100 % say its vtec at 4500 rpm controlled by the ecu and the inlet flaps open at 6000 rpm by vaccum . The b18c4 is the only honda engine with this set up . Rich.

don't depend on your feelings, I was like you when I started with my MC2.

See me here playing with my vtec-light, I'll have to rerecord it as you can't really hear the IABs coming in at 6000... distributor has been reset too since...

this resumes it all (B18C1 similar to our B18C4s)

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=246

dont really see the point of having a vtec controller.

your moving the point but your not altering the fuel/air mix.

if you want to move the vtec point do it properly with a remap

Archived