Strut Braces for MB6

Shaddow

Hi Guys,

I am looking to add some better strut braces to my MB6 Civic. I have recently ordered the Skunk 2 rear lower tie bar, which I was told by the company would fit my car. (Originally for Integra) This bar turned out to be longer than the existing one and so would not match up with the mounting holes.

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.p ... oduct=4853

Any idea what rear lower tie bars I can use for my MB6, if it is possible to use a off the shelf performance part meant for another car. Also looking for a new front upper bar. I have been looking at the Password JDM

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.p ... oduct=5738

Would this fit directly on?

Thanks

the skunk2 one should bolt straight on. If your talking about the existing bar at the lower rear then you have mounted it at the wrong place. that bar should be left there. the lower tie bar should be between the 2 rear lower arms. its above the existing lower bar that u mentioned.

the password JDM should fit. but might need to give the aircon pipe a good nudge. I have a mugen strut for sale in the sale section if interested.

Thats absolutely brilliant! Was about to send it back as well. Does the Skunk2 lower tie bar make much of a difference? I am also cuyrrently waiting on the ARB from the MG ZS.

What would be the best way to fit the tie bar? As I have to remove the bolt holding the lower control arms.

1) Jack car up

2) Remove rear wheels

3) remove bolt holding lower control arms

4) Fit Tie bar with new bolts

??? that roughtly the process? Also the tapered spacers supplied, I noticed one set is shorter than the other, so I assume they have to go a certain way around??

Also, now thinking, as I will have to loosen the rear lower control arms, do the D2 Racing lower control arms (For DC2) fit the MB6?

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.p ... oduct=4957

And do they make any diffirence? It says something about loop type dampers??

Thanks again.

Hi bepilot,

Unfortunately I do not have that much experience with finding parts for the MB6, just know they are very hard to track down. Best option I can recommend is measure the distance between the pillar joints on either side and then give someone like Funky Power a call/email. They have managed to help me out on quite a few bits. But if it is all logical, I would assume the Integra DC2 upper rear strut bar should fit, as the lower one fits.

Also, can anyone please confirm my process for fitting lower tie bar, and info on LCA's.

Thanks

Just jacked car up, hoping to fit the rear lower tie bar, but still not 100% sure on jacking points etc. And dont want to mess up as I need the car in the morning to travel to work.

As you have to remove the bolt holding the LCA to the chassis, do you have to support the LCA at any points? Looking at it, I would assume that as soon as the bolt is removed, the pring from the rear suspension would force the LCA down and out of place.

If anyone could advise me on how to go about fitting the lower tie bar to my MB6, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Archived