abs light came on

nathan123487

me and my brother just took it out in the snow and after playinmg around slamming brakes on and demonstrating to him what the abs does the light come on and abs stopped working ( stops much faster in the snow with it off) anyways i checked fuses etc which were fine.... then we stopped for about 10 mins and when i started it back up it was still on ..... after driving away i used the brakes again and it went off and hasnt come back on and abs is now working again....

my question is why did this happen??

there are 3 things i believe could of caused it

the drivers side brake is binding and there is no pad left on it ( this will be resolved once the snow goes as i am refurbing both front calipers and changing discs and pads) are there pad where indicators on the pads that make the abs light come on when the pads need changing?

2 is it possible that the piston in the caliper has come out x amount resulting in the light coming on?

3 is it just that the abs was working overdrive and just needed a little rest to cool itself down , so to speak ??

cheers guys :)

If you were using the handbrake and the brakes at the same time you confuse the system and the light comes on . once you get up to 20 mph with no faults the system resets its self and the light goes out and the abs starts to work again , what happened to you is normal . Rich.

Archived