Yet another electrical problem, stereo! SOLVED!

King

Right, the problem I'm having is that there is no sound coming from the stereo! All was well untill I removed the rear speakers to sell them, as I'm getting a stealth shelf made up. So after I took them out I just adjusted the stereo settings (fade to front) and all was well for a few days....

Now I noticed that there's no sound comming from it whether that's the radio,cd,USB etc... I can hear about a few secs of music then nothing???

Any ideas? I've checked the cables for any loose conections and don't have a spare head unit to try!!

so update, i took the stereo out and re-installed it with no luck. (checked wires etc okay) tried the next day and it was working? but whenever i go over the slightest bump or pothole, it stops working????

it doesnt matter if im listening to the radio/cd/usb/sd card it still skips? i will try another stereo 2morro if i can get hold of one....

??? :evil:

Wires that were connected to the rear speakers could be shorting...

Tape them off too!

BINGO! that solved it :D finally got some music again! now just to get a stealth shelf made up for my lack of rear speaker :oops:

thanks again 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"! 1"£££$££"

dont use rear speakers mate, the SQ will be vastly better without them :)

i know the sound quality is better without them (standard ones) but im still going get a stealth shelf made up with some decent 6x9s, as the parcelshelf has already been chopped up.

Archived