gearbox oil

1.8vti

Go to your local dealer and ask for 3 litres (holds about 2.2 litres!) of MTF 3, (manual transmission fluid). According to the service schedule, gearbox oil should be changed every 48,000 miles, or 4 years as far as i can remember! You dont need special gearbox oil for the LSD! :ugeek:

Go to your local dealer and ask for 3 litres (holds about 2.2 litres!) of MTF 3, (manual transmission fluid). According to the service schedule, gearbox oil should be changed every 48,000 miles, or 4 years as far as i can remember! You dont need special gearbox oil for the LSD! :ugeek:

Im sure you need LSD gearbox oil not just any normal gearbox oil?

Nope, it probably wouldnt hurt the gearbox if you wanted to buy a LSD gearbox oil, (if that exists?! I dont know much about that really!) but Castrol recommend MTF 3 for all 'M' civic gearboxes, (manual obviously! :roll: ) or 10w40 engine oil as a temp replacement. :geek:

• 3 months later...

I went to change my gearbox oil today,drained it no problem but when i went to re-fill it the hole was obstructed by what looked like part of the casting and there was only a square hole about 3mm big. I only managed to put about a litre and a half in before it started to come out again. Has anyone else come across this? :oops::oops:

Archived