engine cutting out

shakey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the reply rich, i think i will get the dizzy replaced then.

just seems odd that it's doesn't start at all now

do you think some plugs could sort it, what is the best way to check the spark from the dizzy?

Remove the plugs from the engine sit them on the engine so they are earthed out and crank the engine if you have no spark at the plug the dizzy has gone ,as you have replaced cap and arm already .

Make sure you have not dropped / lost the carbon peace out of the cap ,the part that makes contact with the coil as that will stop it sparking . Rich.

thanks again rich, i think i will do that and replace the whole dizzy, i replaced the plugs yesterday and they were all wet with petrol, so i am getting the petrol coming through.

when you talk about the carbon piece, all i found when openening was a spring on the dizzy which makes contact with the cap, is that correct?

thanks for the pictures rich, and yes i had the spring there.

i believe you are correct and it seems that the dizzy has passed it.

will keep the thread updated,

thanks for all the help guys

just an update, i bought a whole dizzy, but on inspection the plugs (not ht) were different to what was on my car.

anyway, i have fixed the starting issue i had, what i ended up doing when fixing the dizzy back was that i had it off 180 degrees, so i just readjusted 180 degrees and fixed the dizzy on again, starts first time everytime :)

only question now is the timing, it seems to rev at about 900 on idle, and i want it to be 800 (is this the correct idle)

what way should i turn the dizzy to reduce the idle.

don't have the gear to time it properly, or the know how :(

take it to a mechanic with the tools or your f***ing up your car

haven the dizzy out is not a good idea in the long run

or just buy a timing gun and d.i.y its very simple

Archived