Tegiwa Sports CAT???

Shaddow

Hi all,

I just received my new 4-2-1 manifod from JapSpeed and want to link it to my Mongoose system via a sports cat. As I dont have too much to spend on the cat, I found Tegiwa do a sports cat for a very good £130. Has anyone had any experience with them? Are they good quality? (And yes I know you get what you pay for) but as I wont be doing track days apart from the odd 1 here or there, thought this is a good compromise to get some more power out?

Any feedback and reviews are greatfully received.

Thanks

If it was me i would go decat and just fit the cat for track days (if needed) and mots . I have only fitted one sports cat , but it was not on my car , so im not sure if they are worth it or not . Rich.

Was thinking of de-cat, but dont want the hassel of having to store and then the fit a cat for MOT. So if I can get a sports cat for £130 which is also SS, will be good. But for the same reason wont pay big money like some (£300+) for a sports cat, as then I will merrit replacing cat for MOT's.

Oh yeah, forgot to ask, does anyone know if the sports cat for a ITR DC2 will be a direct fit onto MB6?

Thanks

I read an article once that sports cats are actually better than decats, in some applications, the decat actually LOST oem power. I'll find it! Have to say though, decat on the high revvers always increases performance top end LD

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, still on the hunt for a sports cat. Guys at Tegiwa said there cat is only for JDM DC2 ITR. But could not confirm if it would fit the mb6 or not. I see they state it also fits the ek9. From the picture, it looks the right shape, but need to know if anyone can confirm a fit or not?

Thanks

Archived