Replacement Fuel Pump

adman

Hi Guys,

Car came to a grinding halt today after a few bouts of stuttering. AA man diagnosed as fuel pump (partly by getting me to crank it over whilst he whacked the fuel tank which got it running for a bit).

So, any recomendations as to where can I get a replacement from? I don't need anything particularly fancy as it's a stock 1.8VTi.

Cheers,

Adam.

Go for a welbro 255 as they are cheaper than a standard fuel pump and better ,make sure you use the standard filter off the bottom of the standard pump and put it on the welbro your you will run out of fuel at a 1/4 of a tank , and you have to drop the tank to fit a new pump . Rich.

Rich,

Thanks. Have read that the 255 is noisier than a standard pump, any ideas if that's true?

Also can you recommend where to get one from? Google search brings up various sites selling them for Evo's, Accords etc but can't actually find one for an MC2...

Cheers,

Adam.

sorry rich what and why will he run out at a 1/4 tank

im lost

Because the filter that come with the welbro pumps fit flat to the bottom of the pump and the fiter on the standard pump has a neck and then the filter making the pick up lower in the tank , so if you use the filter with the 255 you run out of fuel at a 1/4 of a tank . I know this as i did it . Rich.

Rich,

Thanks. Have read that the 255 is noisier than a standard pump, any ideas if that's true?

Also can you recommend where to get one from? Google search brings up various sites selling them for Evo's, Accords etc but can't actually find one for an MC2...

Cheers,

Adam.

The are a little more noisey but at the end of the day with the car running and the road noise and so on you will not even notice the differance .

As for were to get one from just have a look on ebay thats were i got mine from

Rich.

Archived