InteriorLight not coming on and opendoor sensers not working

green_ninja

Hi Guys,

I am hoping some ppl on here can help me, i thought iw ould put 2 of problems into 1 thread as they are electrical.

1: My interior light does not come on when the doors are opened , the switch is in the middle position and the builb is fine (works when turned on constantly)

2: My open door lights on the do not work on my speedo cluster

Also my boot release latch does not work :(

If anyone could shed some light on how to fix these it would be much appreciated

thanks

The doors is pretty easy mate...

There's a switch on the door opening (towards the front of the door), these die every now and then.

Only £14 from a dealer I think! Had to replace mine too!

Boot release is cable driven, so it's probably just come undone from the latch in the tailgate.. Start by looking there :D

the little switches you can actualy open up and give a good clean out they are only held on with one screw and the wire connector so before you go rushing of and buying new ones get one off open it there a couple of little springs in there so remember how they fit back clean and scrape the metal and gunk n dirt of i usualy use a very small file or screwdriver to scrape the gunk of the metal there might be a bit of rust aswell very easy job will take you 2 mins to get of clean and back on and you have nothing to lose if it dont work ;) ive actualy just done mine and it worked a treat :D

Archived