Starting problem and generally won't run

adman

If you have fuel spark and air at the end of the day it should start , you may have a faulty coil and why you have spark with the plugs out when they are in the engine under compression the are not firing or they are weak . At the end of the day it could be loads of things and its hard to help some times from the end of a computer / not getting your hands on the car . Rich.

Agreed, very hard to diagnose at the end of a computer. :D

I do have wheels though now in the form of my moggie. It's very slooooow though. :roll:

DNR are not far away from me i see. I know from their website they do servicing etc. anyone know if they do fault finding? Reckon they're going to know a lot more about the engine than any other garage so likely to pinpoint the problem and resolve it sooner if they do that sort of thing.

Anyone know if any of the three of them hang out on here?

Cheers,

Adam.

• 2 weeks later...

So you were right Rich, well done mate. :D Although sparking on the cam cover with plug out it was blowing under under compression. Daz at DNR found the fault. New Dizzy from Ignition Parts for £180 and I'm on the road again.

Think maybe it was the coil as that was out of spec when I tested the resistance, so might try putting that in my new dizzy and trying. If my car then doesn't work I'll buy a new coil and then I'll have a spare working one.

Daz also reckons that there's very little chance that my head gasket has gone, so feel that Johnson's Honda at Oxford may have been a bit shabby telling me it had and quoting me £1700 to fix it. Think they were trying to get a car sale out of it.

Cheers folks.

Adam.

1"£££$££"!!

Archived