Lost all my lube!!!

FREAKBOY

Went for a blast today and noticed a bit more oil on the floor when I took it off the driveway. Checked it visually once warm and oil was pi55ing out of the bottom of the engine near the crank pulley cover. I'm suspecting the crank-end seal. (it's a D16B2)

Has anyone fixed this before? If so what needs to come off to do the job. or if you had it done at a garage how much did it cost? I've just got this project back on the road so am pretty unimpressed that it's happened.

Any input appreciated.

If it is the end crank seal nearest the pulleys you have a job on you hands. that is a cambelt off , crank pulley off all the cover down that side of the engine , you may have to drop the engine off it mounts on that side to get the crank pulley off and so you can get access to the seal . All in all a big job . Rich.

So I guess it's not good news then. I don't understand why it's gone in such a big way as it is a major leak, I counted 7 drips in 10 seconds when warm and idling. To make things worse I left the road on the ice last night in my spare car :shock: , the trusty old Micra, which now needs some suspension components and a wheel. I had to borrow the wife's Jazz to get to work today, which is a nice car being the sport, but it's going to cost me heavily in brownie points. :roll:

Well I guess that's the joys of motoring as they say. I'm just curious as to how much to expect.

The Freakwagon is going in tomorrow for a proper inspection, fingers crossed he'll be nice, spent over £4k on this car in the last 18 months and i'm determined to make it to the next big meet so it must be done either way.

Trying to look on the bright side, if the timing belt needs to come off then it'll be a good time to replace it. :|

Archived