Vtec engagement!!!!

mackinfella

i done some googling and found out that to increase bhp it doesent mean that your vtec should kick in hard the smoother engagement seeems to produce more bhp on paper... and they mentioned that each car has their own best vtec engagement point you take it to the dyno and they do a run with vtec disabled then see where the car starts losing power and prepare vtec to be engaged 300 rpm before that point like that when the car starts losing power vtec kicks in and keeps it stable... it makes sense but i dont know much about mechanics maybe someone may have a different opinion?

Sounds plausible mate :) nice bit of info ;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i done some googling and found out that to increase bhp it doesent mean that your vtec should kick in hard the smoother engagement seeems to produce more bhp on paper... and they mentioned that each car has their own best vtec engagement point you take it to the dyno and they do a run with vtec disabled then see where the car starts losing power and prepare vtec to be engaged 300 rpm before that point like that when the car starts losing power vtec kicks in and keeps it stable... it makes sense but i dont know much about mechanics maybe someone may have a different opinion?

Sounds plausible mate :) nice bit of info ;)

all we need now is some myth busters lool :P

Archived