2nd gear doesn't work correctly

EmZvr

This problem is bothering me almost after day 1 of purchasing my car. With my English it will be hard to explain the problem but I will try. All gears except 2nd work absolutely perfect. I had a leak in the clutch pump but now that's fixed. Also I changed the oil in the transmission with Honda MTF. 2nd gear in low rpm 1500-1800 works good. But in higher rpm's it's hard to put 2nd gear. There's something stoping me from doing it. I can pull harder or pull a little, wait a second and then pull to the end.

In the official Honda service they told me I need to change the clutch. But I think that's not corect, this would affect all gears. Some said the problem is from the synchronizer but It would have a sound when trying to put 2nd gear and there is non.

I hope that you understand what I meant and will be really glad if I fix this annoying problem.

sounds like the synchro on 2nd is worn more than likely rebuild time or second hand gear box

But if it's the synhro I think it should make a sound like "hrr" or that's not necessary ? And also if I go for a shorter transmission something like D16Z6 and keep only my 5th gear will this ruin the economy in the town and how much ?

Sounds like the 2nd gear ring isn't in line mate. Could be the sychro's too, but would expect it to crunch...

Taking the box off and rebuilding is a big expesive job (unless you can do it personally), I'd probably get a box off ebay and put that on. Be much cheaper!

Sounds like the 2nd gear ring isn't in line mate. Could be the sychro's too, but would expect it to crunch...

Taking the box off and rebuilding is a big expesive job (unless you can do it personally), I'd probably get a box off ebay and put that on. Be much cheaper!

That's bad :( . Except for second gear the transimission is in perfect condition. I didn't know repairing it is such an expensive job and I can't definetely do it my self. I will start looking for a second hand one but I'm afraid that I can came across a transmission in not very good condition.

Archived