Satin Black Project

Grant

Love the S2 inlet maifold, makes the world of difference on the B16 engine...

Hear mixed reports about it on a B18 though, what did you think....? :D

Well i drove the mb6 back from london, about 90 miles, with everything standard and it felt like it had loads of torque and a nice power band..

I then took everything out and put it in the EK and it seems to have lost alot of that.. Its now very much high end.. Infact when i first took it out, with shitty road tyres and now coilies just to make sure everything was ok i was spinning in 1st and 2nd when vtec was kicking in!! Not now with the coilies and toyos but it very much lacks power before vtec...

The outlet is a ebay special from the states.. Unbranded as far as i new but one of the only ones with a 2.5" pick up unless i wanted to pay 600-700 i only payed 200 if i remember correctly..

Also no pictures yet but ive just finished painting my bay in hammerite hammered black and just painted the block, alt, dizzy and solenoid silver.. Think it might look nice when im down :D:D:D

A little bit of an update...

Almost all repainted and ready to go in..

Just waiting on a new clutch & flywheel and i need to do the new copper nickle brake lines.. Apart from that and a few other adjustments to suspension it'll be ready to go!!!

Few piccys:

042.jpg

Baffled sump now and magnetic sump plug

041.jpg

All engine mounts and other brackets done in hammerite hammered black

040.jpg

039.jpg

038.jpg

037.jpg

the block painted in heat resistant silver..

Thats it for now, also waiting on new gaskets for inlet and outlet and some more heat wrap. (apparantly 8metres wouldnt do the whole mani???!!!)

Then its all back together!!!

• 1 year later...

Archived