flat spot...

b18beans

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what i found that helped was to reset the ecu, i unplugged mine for 20min,

it would be easyer to disconnect the power cable to the battery or take out a fuse(dont know which one)

it will reset the ecu as you have changed the characteristics of the exhaust flow and the scavenging effect( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scavenging_(automotive) ) has also changed so in theory you would need to add a bit more fuel to compensate it,

hope this helps

Zak

went out and the flat spot (S!) are at 2500rpm, and at 7000rpm. also, the vtecs arent as noticeable (because its louder in general?), and it doesnt like it on 2nd vtec. takes a bit of a dip at 6 then carrys on up to 8200. tried unpluggin the battery but may not have left it long enough, will take it off today while the f1's on an try again.

manifold is a funkypower ss 4-1, de-cat is also funkypower, exhaust is mongoose cat back...

• 4 weeks later...
I also have a flat spot at 2500 -3000 rpm, i have a standard manifold an aftermarket cat and mongoose system, and its really quite noticable, doesnt happen all the time tho

mines were caused by insufficient oil levels mate, dint realise quite how much they get thru!!

topped it back up an away we go!

Archived