very stiff steering wheel as if no PAS!

azim

hi, i am getting fed up with my mb6 the steering is really stiff and it feels as if there is no power steering whatsoever and my previous mb6 was the same! is this a common fault ? power stering fluid is where it should be all tires aligned and balanced and as i said it seems a common problem... if you have driven an ek or any other PAS car it feels such a big difference! pleasse help its really putting me off

and my previous mb6 was the same!

Mine was stiff when i bought it off you, but the next day i noticed the steering rack was leaking :? soon as i changed it it became a 'bit' kighter but still heavier than my previous EJ9's and EK4. I preffer it to the Ek's though and remember ive got a small steering wheel so it feels even more heavier :lol: BTW post some pics up of your new mb6 :lol:

and my previous mb6 was the same!

Mine was stiff when i bought it off you, but the next day i noticed the steering rack was leaking :? soon as i changed it it became a 'bit' kighter but still heavier than my previous EJ9's and EK4. I preffer it to the Ek's though and remember ive got a small steering wheel so it feels even more heavier :lol: BTW post some pics up of your new mb6 :lol:

its pretty standard how do i check if my steering rack is leaking? its ping me off i cant even be bothered to take pics of it thats hw unhappy it makes me!

Wait til you get about 3 foot of play in the rack like mine. Thats good fun, also common problem.

:x now that was not nice! made me feel worse lol

Wait til you get about 3 foot of play in the rack like mine. Thats good fun, also common problem.

:x now that was not nice! made me feel worse lol

sorry dude. think i had a funny turn that day and fell out with my M.

Maybe an air pocket in the rack mate...

With the engine running, take the lid off the power steering fluid, go from full lock one way and hold it there for 10 seconds, then do it the other way, about 10 or so times.... There is no bleed nipple for the power steering fluid, and thats the recommended way to fill it up after a rack change, so I'd give it a go. Won't cost anything :)

Make sure you keep an eye on the fluid level too ;)

Maybe an air pocket in the rack mate...

With the engine running, take the lid off the power steering fluid, go from full lock one way and hold it there for 10 seconds, then do it the other way, about 10 or so times.... There is no bleed nipple for the power steering fluid, and thats the recommended way to fill it up after a rack change, so I'd give it a go. Won't cost anything :)

Make sure you keep an eye on the fluid level too ;)

thanks man will give that a try sounds too easy lol!

i must say that 10 seconds thingy did make it slightly lighter but its still quite stip i.e i cant make a amnouver with one hand easely (not that I am weak) but with other cars with PAS you can easely do that I drive my bros passat and i can do it

Archived