ECU swop....what u need info.

weetec

hi, did a little ECU swop today and tested it on my car....basically i recently stripped another vti for the red key/central locking fob etc....used my car as a test rig...what i found was the ECU, black little box located left of steering column behind plastic cover , ignition barrel with attached key sensor (round black ring with 2 wires) was all that was needed if you decided to do a ECU change...if you have the rest of the lock set ie glove box,boot,door locks....your quids inn!!!..just make sure you keep a note of the registration for future reference.

as some of us allready know the central locking fob has not got anything to do with the ECU...i also got these 2 from another vti and tried them..they work too....although from different civic...doesnt affect the ECU.

all the barrels are identical....the housings of the barrells are different but the barrell itself is interchangeable....the lock set i got had a damaged boot lock..so i replaced it with the passenger one and as you know the vti-s dont have a passenger lock...

Archived