turbo

Guest kev21

doea any1 know a company that will turbo my civic and my mates keep saying not to turbo it as i will not be able have v tec is this ture they might be saying it cas i woop there arse :lol:

Turboing a B18C4 is definately possible. There are a couple of turbo'd MB6's on here, I think Civicturbo79 has the highest power output.

The B18C4 in combination with the standard tranny is ideal for boost compared to the other VTEC engines, be it turbo or supercharger as it has a lower compression ratio and longer gear ratio's.

If you look for Integra GSR turbo kits you will be able to find some, I know Greddy do one. These should be a more or less straight fit for the B18C4.

Only grudge I have against turboing a VTEC is that in theory you want the exhaust gasses to exit the engine as quickly as possible with a high revving engine and putting a turbo in the exhaust pipe won't help, although it is more than compensated through the gains from charging. I do think most turbo'd VTEC's have an earlier redline (still 7000-something RPM) due to the risk of detonation.

In the end it's all about getting the right size turbo, not focussing on peak performance but driveability (i.e. less lag), and the right mapping. If mapped & built right and properly maintained it could still be reliable.

I'm seriously considering supercharging mine in the future but I'm worried about reliability.

doea any1 know a company that will turbo my civic and my mates keep saying not to turbo it as i will not be able have v tec is this ture they might be saying it cas i woop there wee bum :lol:

you will need big money to get a company to turbo your mb6 , due to the fact that every part you fit need some sort of moding. as for not having vtec thats a load of poo , you will gain about 7 bhp with each 1 psi of boost . They are just upset because you will wipe them out on the road . Rich.

Archived