cheap fix for central locking

pjw

I have never had the fob for my car, but the central locking works with the key fine. I have one of those kits off eBay which converts a standard central locking car to remote central locking. You basically wire in your 12v feed, earth and the open and close trigger wires from the central locking unit on the car.

Has anyone done this before on an mb6? I tried looking for the central locking unit on page 1127 of the repair manual, which states its behind the fuse box?

I'm also figuring its a negative trigger from the wiring diagrams?

i'm planning to do the same thing, evt. with the option of automatic electric window closures, those ebay kits don't cost that much, worth I try this summer during my holidays...

according my memory the central locking unit or something like this can be found on the slampanel under the steering rack, but like you I should check that in the workshop manual indeed.

Mmm interesting thanks mate.. I notice it says the relay is behind the centre console, might have to whip it out and have a quick look.

The wires that are mentioned in that sheet for lock and unlock, are they all housed in the dash once they come out of the relay?

Archived