MB2 speaker upgrade

lokkochaa

whats components i have an idea but not up on the ice

are components better than the tridatioal amp and speaker system, i mean whats best for an m

Oh right, done quite a bit of research on it. Components are definately the way to go from what ive read, much better at handling high and mid low frequencies.

Most forums recommend components up front and a sub in the back powered by an amp. Im running 6x9's instead of a sub as i dont fancy trying to fit an amp to the car.

Its just to make it sound better, im not going for stupid volume or bass

Components are where the tweeter and mid are seperate. Co-axils are where the tweeter is attached to the mid.

Components are better mainly for sound staging and due to them being seperate you get higher power handling and better research done on the individual parts.

How are you running the 6x9's? They are designed for cheap and to be loud, not really to replace a sub unless you run them off a amp with the low pass filter on

6x9 are running off the head unit, housed in seperate dampened boxes at the moment, im going to be building an acoustic stealth shelf for them in the near future. I know the have bad press and are designed to be loud etc etc, but they are just to give a bit of depth and bass to the sound, the components upfront will be the main focus.

May look at a Sub in the future as i said, but i dont fancy spending god knows how long trying to wire up an amp when im not confident about doing it and cant afford to pay someone to do it - oh and buy the amp and sub!

As i said, im looking to upgrade the stock, but im not looking for a high end system as i dont know how long ill have the car

• 1 year later...

Wiring an amp is very strait forward, 4 wires to the boot and an earth to either the spare wheel screw or the rear seat belt buckle, amps usually come with basic instructions

• 2 weeks later...

Woofers at the doors are always the same, no difference is it vti or not. And those tweeters are installed to same brackets than those plastic covers. That MC2 component system sounds quite awful to be honest.

For amplifier installation, there are stock earthing points behind side panels in trunk, if hooking up a small amp, it's the easiest way to go. Easy to find, it's the same spot that rear lights are earthed. Just need a ring connector with 6mm hole and it fits perfectly.

• 5 months later...

Archived