Suspension - What fits

Devilfish

Sorry again fella, but after "any numpty knows that"-like comments I'm out of this one. I'd already said & apologised in that post that I might well be going on about stuff you already know. People log on here with any range of knowledge; we're not going to be mindreaders as to exactly what you mean straight away & what your exact background knowledge is. Sorry I wasted our time.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the ek/ej ones are shorter tho

tbh mate the way you had described it was rather confusing. If you have coilover with adjustable damper settings then yea, using different size springs wont affect it. I was talking about oem dampers as I thought you had oem suspension

Ahhh...sorry no, i see the confusion....no, I was trying to get across that the springs on coilovers can be changed...

How much shorter are EK/EJ ones then?

lol i see now. Im planning on doing just that if the back of my car sits too low when i get my new dampers lol

Not sure how much shorter tbh but people have always said they are a little bit shorter causing the car to sit lower than expected

Sorry again fella, but after "any numpty knows that"-like comments I'm out of this one. I'd already said & apologised in that post that I might well be going on about stuff you already know. People log on here with any range of knowledge; we're not going to be mindreaders as to exactly what you mean straight away & what your exact background knowledge is. Sorry I wasted our time.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you with that statement. I think I realised after I put it that, yes, there is a wide range of knowledge out there. I just tend to expect that people how modify cars, know about cars, but I seem to be proved wrong more and more these days.....

My son did his first years mechanics course at college and tbh, had I had to pay for it, I would have demanded a refund.....he knows sweet FA and I have to show him how to do everything!!

Anyway, sorry...

Ok...let me just clear this all up then....

Anything that is listed as "fork type rear" will fit?

Anything for EK/EJ will fit, but we suspect the rear springs are slightly shorter?

To clarify, my shocks are on their last legs. MOT man spotted a little oil on one and tbh, they are probably the original ones fitted at the factory.

So, what I'm looking at is a choice.

Just fit new shocks, which will cost around £200

Fit new shocks and lowered springs. £200 for the shocks and anything from £150 - £200 for springs. This wil give me a max of 40mm drop...not much

Fit a coilover kit and take my chances that the rear springs are up to the job, or replace them with better ones (longer or stiffer). Cost...variable, but anything from £200 for cheapest to £1000 for real JDM stuff....

Ok...well thanks for the advice

Archived