seatbelt prob

G4VSA

Right I wanna know if this IS just me or its quite normal? When putting my boys carry seat in rear of my deck if the belt gets pulled too far some times it locks completely and have to let it retrack all way and start again its bloody annoying.

its a safety feature especially for baby seats.

if you pull it out all the way, or 90% or more. as soon as it starts going back in you wont be able to extend it again till it has gone all the way back in.

its so you fit the baby seat, extend belt all the way out, strap it to baby seat and let it retract till tight.

its so it will not loosen in the event of an accident and is always held secure and tight.

how does that work for the recaro i bought my son the as it doesnt extend around the seat its all belted up at the back

it will still work as the belt will still be extended across the back to the clip the seatbelt clips into.

pull the belt out all the way then fit it through the seat and let it go back in, i think the belt clicks as it goes back in. which is the locking ratchet engaged.

it has to go all the way back in before it releases the safety ratchet system thing.

Yep, same problem with our child seat, it's a right royal pain that! Pretty much got it down to an art using shoulders/knees to keep the belt at full extension while I feed it through - probably look a right prat to the neighbours ;) I find my belts latch very easily when braking on a hill to - impossible to lean forward to look at some junctions.

Yep, same problem with our child seat, it's a right royal pain that! Pretty much got it down to an art using shoulders/knees to keep the belt at full extension while I feed it through - probably look a right prat to the neighbours ;) I find my belts latch very easily when braking on a hill to - impossible to lean forward to look at some junctions.

Archived