just to clrify on MGZS 180 suspension

domandmel

The tyres are part of the suspension if you like, the bigger the softer,your OEM wheels 195/55/15 fitted, will be

better upgrade for handling with the above set up. 16&17 17s being the lower profile of the 3 and hence less tyre cushion.result more feedback to driver.there is no problem with speedbumpson all the above tyre/wheel combanations as they have the same rolling radius.20mm front drop and 30mm rear approx.the pics of my car has the above mgzs180 damper /spring combonation, have a look and if it is the desired height ect your car will be the same.The ride is fermer than oem reasonat front as a v6 engine is used =375lb300lbapprox

:D

The tyres are part of the suspension if you like, the bigger the softer,your OEM wheels 195/55/15 fitted, will be

better upgrade for handling with the above set up. 16&17 17s being the lower profile of the 3 and hence less tyre cushion.result more feedback to driver.there is no problem with speedbumpson all the above tyre/wheel combanations as they have the same rolling radius.20mm front drop and 30mm rear approx.the pics of my car has the above mgzs180 damper /spring combonation, have a look and if it is the desired height ect your car will be the same.The ride is fermer than oem reasonat front as a v6 engine is used =375lb300lbapprox

:D

Noodels - I think I confused things, I was referring to the performance of the dampers in absorbing bumps etc, not clearance; someone somewhere mentioned that they found the MG stuff better in that regard! IMO my ride's pretty firm as it is with the lower profile tyres & polys. I'd like to lower it 20-30 but without making the ride back-breaking. How do the stock shocks compare in that sense?

mg has better dampers gas/oil filled eibach design i beleve, eibach also was in the stages of lowering springs for mg it was on the cards b4 mg went bust.weetec has run them with lots of set ups inc eibach springs he would have more know than myself dave as i have only used with mgzs springs.no confusion dave was refering to doman whom has forgoten about this thread anyway,it seems ;0.)

• 2 weeks later...

i havent forgotten about the thread guys, i have been on holiday and havent got round to much else! i am still unsure what to do about the suspension on my MC2......its a bloody pain in the arse!!!!

i found the KW springs that said they were 35f 40r which i was bang on for getting, rang the company and said it was an error and they dont do them! (typical) nobody else keeps stock of springs either. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Archived