problems.... idle!!!

leejt1979

hey guys... the MB6 is going through a naughty stage... it now has an idle problem. Seems to lose revs at every junction or when depressing the clutch, does not actually cut out but comes close every time!!! i have a little mis-fire hesitation issue which i previously posted about and have ordered a new lambda sensor to sort that but was wondering if this other issue could be tied in! any ideas guys???

If you've already ordered the sensor, this may be a little late, but you can test the old one by connecting it to a voltmeter & placing it in a blowtorch flame. If the voltage rises to over half a volt, the sensor is probably fine. Misfire would definitely be more obvious on idle & as high voltage components get old they can gradually deteriorate before they completely fail. One thing to check is whether spraying WD40 on the leads makes the problem go away - if it does, you need a new set. You can also try running the engine with each lead removed one after the other to see if you can isolate a particular cylinder where the misfire occurs. If you can, then the problem is the dizzy or the lead/plug for that cylinder. If it's not dependent upon cylinder, it could be the coil.

It's sorted!!! fitted the lambda which sorted the hesitation and cleaned out the idle control valve (which was full of carbon) runs/idles perfectly once again.. fast as feck once again!! Carried out a smoke test to see if i had any air leaks and found to be the best sealed engine the mechanic had tested!! very happy boy again!!!

Archived