Fuel Pressure Regulator

Shaddow

Hi,

Just managed to get a fuel pressure regulator from a friend as he no longer required it. It is a standard aftermarket adjustable regulator with gauge. Regulator has an inlet, outlet, gauge port and vacuum.

What is the best way to attach the regulator to my mb6? I had a look at the stock regulator, and seems to bolt directly onto the fuel rail. Does this mean I need an adaptor plate? If so, where is the best place to get them from?

Also noticed recently Funky Power do RC-Engineering injectors. I plan to uprate my intake manifold and possibly fuel rail soon. Would there be any advantage to upgrade to new injectors? (Same/slightly higher than standard)

Thanks

The standard fuel system of the mb6 will go upto around 230 bhp , so there is no need to upgrade unless you are going turbo . If you change the injectors you will need to have the car remapped and thats not that cheap . yes you need a plate that bolts to the fuel rail if you buy the right fuel pressure reg they come with the plates they are only around £35 ,

Do not rais the fuel pressure over standard as you will just over fuel the engine and on the other side do not set it to low or the engine will run learn , the only time you really need a fuel pressure up is for a turbo remapping so you have good fuel pressure high up in the rev range , no really advantage on a standard n/a car other then they look cool .

Rich.

Thanks, Do you know if the adaptors are universal or car specific? Japspeed seem to do one, but listed as just for Nissans. Looking through Fleabay, most are for all cars except Honda. Just wondering if the Japspeed one should fit?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Do your self a favour chuck that piece of junk in the bin and stay oem works just fine no tinkering needed you will be forever messing, brother had one on his Almera GTI 4 years ago FSE crap i took it off and bined it got him oem one back on utter pile of Doo Doo!

if you are turboing like myself after crimbo AEM do good one.

• 6 months later...

Archived