My MB6 VTI-S

megamitzmb6

my ek9 manifold and 2.5" decat fitted, sounds much better than the original, vtec changeover is much more prominent.

Did you have any bother with fitting the ek9 manifold? i'm picking one up tomorrow and am worried that it might be a bit short due to being for a b16. Also was the collector 2.5 or 2.25?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ek9 manifold is a straight fite dude, bear in mind you need the right decat, i had one which had a s2000 flange welded on as the manifold is 2.5".

greta upgrade tho.

hopefully getting the gearbox rebuilt this month as its no sounding very nice, along with new front arb links

also sold the spoon front strut and bought a rigid 3 point yella number, and guess what, doesn't fit lol

so stuck my old ek9 one on for now till i find a new one i like, car was also polished and waxed yesterday for the 4th time this year ahahaha

does anyone know what polybush/energy kit fits, want to change all the bushes on the fornt to better ones

• 1 year later...

Couldn't fault the way it looks currently bud. 100% Keep the sprints they suit perfect. Can't see other wheels by the way bad link. Black would be really stealth but would have to have the polished lip would kind've hint at the chrome on the gill and badges I s'pose. Looks better as is at the mo in my opinion. I think you've managed to acheive a look that is very hard to do well. Simple and subtle but looks the nuts. I'd love to have a set of wheels like that. Keep as is would be my advice it would be really easy to go too far at this stage and end up with something that looks like it tries to hard to look good. Don't get bored Get sticker bombing! A wing maybe? use clear coat on top to stop em' from peeling or go on ebay and buy labour saving printed vinyl. Nice!

Archived