Central Locking is gone, whilst installing Alarm System

yaseen

Hi Im a new member from London, dont have a MB6 but Ive got a 1.6 LS :D

Basically I purchased a Hawk Alarm system from eBay which has all the remote start and locking features etc, now it said on the manual as they provide a diagram for the specific car that it has negative multipoint locking, Im not much of a noob with electrics but this one is certainly bizzare. I was only interested in the central locking, so I found the CDL unit behind the ashtray which has the Yellow/Red and White/Red wires so I connected the unit up as so and nothing happened the Alarm unit is installed nicely with a Live feed through the generous grommet near the battery etc.

But my original central locking is no longer working??? I disconnected the alarm system but when i turn the key on the door only the one door locks/unlocks??? all the fuses are fine under dash and in bonnet.

Any help would be nice!!! Greetings from cold London!!!

Yaseen.

no no sparks ive fitted these units twice before on a VW Golf mk4 but never on a Honda, and there wasnt any sparks and im very sure i havnt shorted anything because the central locking was working before i disconnected the connector on the drivers door but this was during initial testing just to see if it works everything is back in place how it should be but i dont see why it doesnt work??? 1"£££$££"!

PROBLEM SOLVED! basically whats happened is while i was splicing some wires from the terminal block behind the ashtray there is a very slim earth wire which must have come loose during testing, now this brings me on to my initial issue, does the lock/unlock system use negative pulse locking? meaning like 0.3sec or 0.5sec? because nearly all cars have that system, im just wondering whether the wires behind the ashtray are the same ones in the drivers door before they reach any circuits or relays etc?

having said that the alarm system has already been configured for negative locking when it was sent out from the supplier what baffles me is why it doesnt work?

or where would you guys recommend making a connection? has anyone installed an aftermarket unit like this before? clifford, toad etc?

Yaseen.

PROBLEM SOLVED! basically whats happened is while i was splicing some wires from the terminal block behind the ashtray there is a very slim earth wire which must have come loose during testing, now this brings me on to my initial issue, does the lock/unlock system use negative pulse locking? meaning like 0.3sec or 0.5sec? because nearly all cars have that system, im just wondering whether the wires behind the ashtray are the same ones in the drivers door before they reach any circuits or relays etc?

having said that the alarm system has already been configured for negative locking when it was sent out from the supplier what baffles me is why it doesnt work?

or where would you guys recommend making a connection? has anyone installed an aftermarket unit like this before? clifford, toad etc?

Yaseen.

all i can say is good luck! i fitted a clifford alarm in mine and took me a while to figure out the central locking, luckily im an auto electrician so i figured it out. i used a 5 pin latching relay soldered onto a circuit board and wired in to get mine to work.

all i can say is good luck! i fitted a clifford alarm in mine and took me a while to figure out the central locking, luckily im an auto electrician so i figured it out. i used a 5 pin latching relay soldered onto a circuit board and wired in to get mine to work.

Sounds interesting, where did you do your connections? and how comes you used a relay if you dont mind sharing :)

i did my connections in the drivers foot well were the door loom comes in from. The honda central locking is the negative type, my clifford alarm sent a negative signal but it never worked. the central locking system grounds the wire and holds it at ground, were is the clifford alarm sent a ground signal then turned it off. therefore a latching relay was wired in so it would hold a ground signal and work the central locking. i can make you a board up if you want, only cost a few quid in parts etc and will be the size of your thumb.

Archived