Central Locking is gone, whilst installing Alarm System

yaseen

i did my connections in the drivers foot well were the door loom comes in from. The honda central locking is the negative type, my clifford alarm sent a negative signal but it never worked. the central locking system grounds the wire and holds it at ground, were is the clifford alarm sent a ground signal then turned it off. therefore a latching relay was wired in so it would hold a ground signal and work the central locking. i can make you a board up if you want, only cost a few quid in parts etc and will be the size of your thumb.

I tried that, the negative signal from the Alarm unit didnt seem to work, i called up the guys who make the system and they said to me the easiest way to get the remote locking to work would be to use a solenoid on the drivers door lock pin, ive also got the window closure module as well, im gonna give that a go and im sure it should work, thanks for the offer! I might need it if this plan doesnt work! cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat as you Yaseen, I know I can just run an actuator on the driver's side door pin but I want to use the existing wiring.

I have a Hawks kits as well and my brother and I have fitted one in his 3 door EK Civic with no problems, just the 5 door Civic wiring is being a pain :P

Moe... pmed you.

Project :)

Hey, I actually just managed to sort it out 2 days ago, I had to use 2 relays for the central locking to work with the hawk systems, the actuator seemed to be the lazy mans job. Im using the existing wiring. TBH the guys at the HAWK place did not have a clue. I told them if my car is positive locking or negative, the guy said to me because of rover etc there is four variations on the MB!!! So i looked through the workshop manual and worked my way from there now i can easily operate the central locking by remote and there is also a wire on the alarm unit for the interior light.

Only problem for me now is that my original CDL unit is disconnected as this was the only way with my setup so Im probably going to make a switch for the locks inside the car. But tbh i really dont care because now i can use the central locking from really far and it works a treat!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I was a registered fitter for Meta Security systems for 5 years and I'm sorry to say the correct method with the civic, like many japanese cars is to have an actuator in the door. I know you have suggested this as "the easy man's route" but from my experience the actuator method works faultlessly without interfering with the factory equipment/loom and ony takes about 15min to do.

Kudos to you though for your relay workaround. applause.gif1

Hi, I was a registered fitter for Meta Security systems for 5 years and I'm sorry to say the correct method with the civic, like many japanese cars is to have an actuator in the door. I know you have suggested this as "the easy man's route" but from my experience the actuator method works faultlessly without interfering with the factory equipment/loom and ony takes about 15min to do.

Kudos to you though for your relay workaround. applause.gif1

Thanks for your input dude, for me the actuator method wouldnt have been the best option because my CDL unit always needed a wiggle for me to get it working. I guess for all other cars It should be easier with the actuator. And also at the time I was a bit low on dosh so I had some spare Bosch relays off a BMW lying around its still working very well havnt had a single problem so far!

Best of all the Hawk system has a wire for the brakes, so when you jump into the car and press the brake, the car locks inside so very handy!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted haha... not going down without trying everything.

The Hawk's guy told me to try this online diagram and that online diagram, still no luck.

In the end my brother and I looked at the last diagram in the book and happy days.

Yaseen... use diagram 'E' from the Hawk's book and it will work.

I kept everything in my car (nothing removed), just wired it using diagram 'E' and remote central locking is working using OEM wiring... so happy. I also wired in the indicator lights as well so it will flash when locked/unlocked.

The Hawk's kit has a long range... worth it for £20-£25, can't remember the price I paid for it.

Project :)

Archived