car not starting

stubrun

hey guys, just bought my self an 2000 plate mb2 1.4, cheap as chips anyhow it was listed as having a dizzy fault, it is showing no fault codes or warnng light, it came with 2 keys plus the red key, it will only turn over with 1 of them the other black key just brings up the green key light on the cluster. i have replaced the icm and coil in the dizzy and still the same problem. am i right in thinking if some chopper has tried to start the key with the red key it wouldn't turn over at all????? any help would be much appreciated.

stuart

surely someone has an idea what is going on!!

i have been on it all day today, and tried everything, i have cleaned all of the eart points up, i have tried the main relay on my mb6 and it fires fine, there is voltage going to the injectors but they are not clicking when i turn the car over, is this a common problem, i have read some where that the ecu controls the ground signal to the injectors, any help would be appreciated. stuart

i think your right if the red key has been used it strips the code from the immobiliser and will need recoding. other than that i cant be much help as im no expert. just like to think i am at times. ha.