mixing tyre widths

Didjeridave

Need new fronts whilst my 1954516 rears are near new (7mm). Wished I'd put 20545 or 21540s on & with the chance thought I'd try putting the good rear 19545s on the front & 21540 or even 22540 (7j alloys) on the rear. Thoughts appreciated :)

Found that 19545 / 21540 is the combo on the MGTF & they're 4mm difference - with worn down fronts & near new rears there's more than that between front & rear right now! Will give it a shot, if it's awful I can soon enough change the 195s.

I thought it was illegal to run Front tyres wider than rears?

PhilGor, where are you :D

i'm here, (come's skidding in shoe's in fire......)

and mot hat on...

blah blah...

aslong as the tyre size's are the same ACROSS the axle, you can run what you want front to rear.

so you can run 175/80/13 on the front axle and 205/55/16 on the back axle, which would be ok from an mot view point

as for abs, on an older car like our's, as long as it is getting a signal and it's simerler to the other 3 signals, it's ok. as for modern car's, the abs sensors are also used for traction control and the speedo signal, (newer citroen's are good for this one). so if one of the wheel's was a space saver, and the rest 19" with brand new tyre's on, that would more than likley put the abs/esp light's on.

blah blah....

fade's in to silence......

cheer's philip