Power Steering fluid

Jimmer

Just a quick check guys, noticed my power steering fluid is low and i have to drive my car tonight for a fair run, and the local Honda dealer is closed. So i wondered if normal Halfords power steering fluid would do untill monday when they are open? Not very low but below the minimum and i can hear a groan from the pump when going onto lock and thought that a wee top up with non honda oil for a small period of time would be better than driving with it below the level. Would you guys agree or any advice or past experience you could share with me?

i agree with both replies lol, i would rather have fluid in it than no fluid in it, but as i said i called down to my local honda dealer today when i realised the low level and they were shut so have to wait for monday to get some proper honda fluid. i had to drive the car tonight and tomorrow so the halfords top up will only be in till monday then it will be drained and replaced with genuine honda fluid :-)

i know mate, i check my coolant and oil every couple of days but check the rest of the fluids every month or two, i know it only takes a few seconds more, so i will be keeping a closer eye on them from now on lol. but i do hate finding low fluids, and there is no leaks from the car, underneath the engine, etc and my driveway are spotless thankfully lol