Brian Crower Stage 2 camshafts

Zuissi

Does anybody have knowledge about these cams that does valves have enough space between valves and piston?

http://www.briancrower.com/makes/honda/b16ab18c.shtml

http://www.briancrower.com/makes/honda/cam_card/bc_0012.pdf

I'm buying these cams soon from one local Honda enthusiast and he has got these in B16A2 with stock internals and said that they will work without any problems. The site says that these will fit in B16A/B18C so do I have to assume that they will fit in every B18 engine? :idea:

will fit,but consider ecu replacement cost+map,and upgraded valve springs cost,headgasket,pistons,intake ect to see gains.Bc4 is only 10:1 CR :idea: the head is designed for low rpmdo some extensive research :idea:

I have already P28 ecu with new map. One friend of mine does re-mappings with crome, ectune and neptune. ;) In my b18c4 is 4-2-1 exhaust mani + catback replaced and will be decat also. Intake has akr-performace cai.. I have considered also replacing the oem intake manifold of B18C4. But thank you for advice! 1"£££$££"!

I know these cam, I've put a pair on a B16A2 with pistons and spring, and got a big dip in power before 6000 rpm

IMO they are too big for your set up, you really need to bump your compression ratio

i was looking at these at the weekend on ebay, i was sceptical i have a hondas build guid from USA and it says these are really for low compression high power 800bhp+ drag racing engines not street racing engines i think ITR cams and Vavles would be best or skunk ones thats what im looking at not Brian Cowers.

my advice to you my firend and anyone else wanting to tune engines is get the Honda Builders Guide its my bible, it also explains alot about of the Bu11s**te about ECU chipping and what to expect some people think its a magic switch but utlimatelty its the internals that make a difference.

Yep, the internals are big key in tuning but what it comes to ecu tuning (I think this is off-topic but..): When I bought my current MB6, it had modified oem intake before oem intake mani and supersprint 4-2-1 exhaust+oem cat+ supersprint cat-back. The BIG problem which I had a half year ago was a lack of power between 4900-5600rpm

_smaller.jpg?hash=23801

And it was solved by buying one P28 ecu with eeprom. AFR was almost 20:1 in full throttle with stock crappy p9k ecu!! :o

I haven't dynoed her again after ecu adjustments but it feels very different now. 80-120km/h acceleration was 1,8 secs better after ecu change. Vtec comes same time than iabs because I wired electrics from vtec solenoid to iabs solenoid..

What I'm trying to say is it's useless to put any intake mods or exhaust mods etc. without programmable ecu.. When the winter turns to spring in Finland and I get summertires on I'll go to the dyno immediately! :D

But will b18c4 have so big lack of power until 6000rpm with stock internals alhough ecu is reprogrammed after camshafts are replaced??

I know these cam, I've put a pair on a B16A2 with pistons and spring, and got a big dip in power before 6000 rpm

IMO they are too big for your set up, you really need to bump your compression ratio

i was looking at these at the weekend on ebay, i was sceptical i have a hondas build guid from USA and it says these are really for low compression high power 800bhp+ drag racing engines not street racing engines i think ITR cams and Vavles would be best or skunk ones thats what im looking at not Brian Cowers.

my advice to you my firend and anyone else wanting to tune engines is get the Honda Builders Guide its my bible, it also explains alot about of the Bu11s**te about ECU chipping and what to expect some people think its a magic switch but utlimatelty its the internals that make a difference.

Are you btw talking about BC0011 or BC0012?? 11 is for forced induction setups and 12 for NA engines "Normally Aspirated Specification

Hot street/strip or road race spec. Use with CAI, H, E, ECU, A/F mods. Excellent street manners and idle quality. Requires kit BC0010 or BC0010S."

:| wouldnt say useless regarding exhaust manifold upgrade without remaps ecu, reset helps but see you point

standard ex mani is quite restrictive and found more power in mid range and throttle response thats were i wanted gains bc4 lacks mid range torque that why iabs present,itr airbox+K&N+cai helped also as well as twinloop muffler all for mid torque,as felt it needed attention in this area of tune.smooth power delivery being my hopefull gain,have tried iabs open at all times,but yours sounds intresting regarding linking it same as iabs vtec ect.whatever works for you really include driving style.

keep us posted on your dyno results ;)

:| wouldnt say useless regarding exhaust manifold upgrade without remaps ecu, reset helps but see you point

standard ex mani is quite restrictive and found more power in mid range and throttle response <4-2-1 dcsport> thats were i wanted gains bc4 lacks mid range torque that why iabs present,itr airbox+K&N+cai helped also as well as twinloop muffler all for mid torque,as felt it needed attention in this area of tune.smooth power delivery being my hopefull gain,have tried iabs open at all times,but yours sounds intresting regarding linking it same as iabs vtec ect.whatever works for you really include driving style.

keep us posted on your dyno results ;)

I'll post the dyno results asap on spring! :) vtec+iabs at the same time feels like "normal" vtec engine, but my hobby is track driving with toyo r888:s so mid-range torque is more important than high top end torque at the point exiting slow curves. The car is more comfortable to drive now because the shift point is in 8300rpm and revs drop in gear change to just under 6000rpm with s9b gearbox! :) Vtec+iab point is set to 5500 rpm (throttle >30%) so in my MB6 there is a lot of torque after upshift. ;)