4x114 to 4x100 conversion

E=MC2

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
wheels arived too late, they need to wait new sumer driving season :(

but today i renewed hub conversion idea :)

do someone think that it is posible only to take of my 4x114 hubs, and on my bearing mount 4x100 hub from for example Civic MB1 or Rover 400 with prelude 282mm 4x100 brake disc?

in my poor expirience and strong logic theres only 2 preconditions

1. wheel bearing must be the same on MB1 and MB6/MC2

2. brake caliper distance

i know that on VW Golfs 5x100 -> 4x100 and oposite hub conversions are possible, because of total compatibility, but i dont know what is situation on our chasis

please correct me if i talking silly things :)

then i will consider MG ones

Do you know where i can find exact data for hub ofset on MB6 and MG ZS. MB stock rim is et55, bit that doesn need to mean anything

Just a quick point to make on this thread when you're talking about changing hubs - ask yourself why Honda make 3 different hub sizes?

4x100 - Normally found on smaller Honda's - such as Jazz and Civic. This has the SMALLEST wheel bearing.

4x114 - Normally found on higher power Civic's (and older intergra's), older lower spec Accords etc. This has a larger wheel bearing.

5x114 - Normally found on highest power Hondas such as the later DC2 Integra and Accord Type R. This has the LARGEST wheel bearing.

Larger bearing = larger load capacity. Downgrading your hubs is a bad idea!!! Hubs on the MB6/MC2 are bigger as they have bigger wheel bearings so they are not the same as the other Civic 5 models.

There are also slight differences in the offset of the hub, and to be honest I don't have that info to hand but it is out there on the web. I would NEVER recommend going down in hub size, go up - there is a reason they go bigger! I know from my car that going from 4x114 to 5x115 I have also had to change my drive shafts to the bigger 36mm nut ones to match - which also take more load 8-) I have been told (although I have yet to confirm) that my original MC2 brakes will hook up with little/no modifications to the larger hubs. At worst case i have to use a 1mm washer on the calliper carrier, but as I am using after market callipers and discs this is not a problem for me.

For offest explanation:

http://www.alloyguide.com/pcd.php

HTH

Dave

That's a really good explanation Dave ! +1 on the integra wheels. If I was with 4x114 I would have bought them right away.

I was looking up options to upgrade to bigger brake discs keeping my wheels (eg. 4x100). But the options don't seem nice. Mg discs and callipers but the carriers have to be shaved. Prelude discs but they should be redrilled and etc.. Your brakes are more important then the choice of wheels so you better stay safe.

Have you got 4 x 114 hubs fitted now? Id stick with 282 calipers normal discs and ferodo ds2500 pads this is one off the best setups I have had on a 310bhp civic and stopping power was good with zero brake fade. Also consider braided lines

Have you got 4 x 114 hubs fitted now? Id stick with 282 calipers normal discs and ferodo ds2500 pads this is one off the best setups I have had on a 310bhp civic and stopping power was good with zero brake fade. Also consider braided lines

Nope. Still stock 4x100 with the crappiest pads TRW. I'm just waiting for them to ruin the discs completely and then maybe I'll go for stock MB6 setup.

Nope. Still stock 4x100 with the crappiest pads TRW. I'm just waiting for them to ruin the discs completely and then maybe I'll go for stock MB6 setup.

Yea I would go for the mb6 hub conversion

282s front

262s back

1" master cylinder servo

With the above setup you will have good stopping and a nice brake pedal feel

If you are going the other way you could keep your 4x100 hubs (though 114's have advantages as said). H-tune do a kit though you could make your own up cheaper from MG parts.

http://h-tune.co.uk/index.php?route=pro ... uct_id=754

The MB6 has ET55 and 4x100 civics ET45 so I assume the hubs are in the region of 10mm fatter on the 6. 4x114 alloys are not hard to find many good JDM cars use this fitting.