Rev limiter

steveolkinevel

My rev limit on my p72 is set to around 8300-8500 but is very harsh or hard cut whatever you want to call it, like if you hit it by mistake it throws you forward, my old ecu had quite a fast limiter, So my question is, is it possible to change the speed of the limiter or is it what it is,? Hope that makes sence, :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

No he means the rev cut when you are on the limiter. I bet its set at like a 500 rpm cut so when you hit the limiter untill the engine drops 500 rpm it will not rev up again so its like you say it hits a brick wall but it can be resit to what ever you want right down to 25 rpm drop so the limiter is super fast . i could set that for you .

Rich.

No he means the rev cut when you are on the limiter. I bet its set at like a 500 rpm cut so when you hit the limiter untill the engine drops 500 rpm it will not rev up again so its like you say it hits a brick wall but it can be resit to what ever you want right down to 25 rpm drop so the limiter is super fast . i could set that for you .

Rich.

Rich.

Yea the first time i hit the limiter i thought the cam belt had snapped!!! It deffo could do with being a bit faster, not that i drive it every where sitting on the limiter, but you know what i mean, rich its dam annoying that your so far away or i would deffo pop in to see you.

Rich.

Yea the first time i hit the limiter i thought the cam belt had snapped!!! It deffo could do with being a bit faster, not that i drive it every where sitting on the limiter, but you know what i mean, rich its dam annoying that your so far away or i would deffo pop in to see you.