Clutch and gearshift problem

Dexter

Thanks, done. Gave it a few extra pumps each time with the screw open to speed up the process. Used a full 0,5 litre bottle so should be proper clean now! After that, careful bleeding but still no help :(. When i turn on the engine with a gear in, the car tries to go forward as if started without the clutch depressed. When started at neutral, no gear engagement no matter what . Without engine on stick moves ok through all gears.

Time for a new clutch pack..? Car's seen 114,000 miles.

Thanks, done. Gave it a few extra pumps each time with the screw open to speed up the process. Used a full 0,5 litre bottle so should be proper clean now! After that, careful bleeding but still no help :(. When i turn on the engine with a gear in, the car tries to go forward as if started without the clutch depressed. When started at neutral, no gear engagement no matter what . Without engine on stick moves ok through all gears.

Time for a new clutch pack..? Car's seen 114,000 miles.

• 3 weeks later...

heh, i have the very same problem as you :)

clutch is hard to press, gearshifting is difficult, especially into 3rd and 5th gear, and normaly during downshifting, but i menage to shift using clutchless shifting techniques

allso, reverse gear is problem, and allso when i try to stop on parking lot or streetlight, car struggles to continue to pull because clutch is not disengaged

beside this problems, i allso have shaking during slow clutch release

to mention, all this happend when the car and transmision are warm. When i start any drive after long pouse, shifting works pretty much normal

al this point to broken, stucked.... clutch pack, but i tried other cheaper repairs

so i have changed slave cylinder, clutch fluid, bleaded system and nothing :)

i can maybe hope that master cyl is jammed, but if it work fine, new oem exedy and big whole in my wallet are smiling to me :):(

if you change your clutch before i do, please tell me the results

It sounds like the clutch pressure plate . the clatchs are not hard to do and you can get clutch kits cheap ish now days , I change the clutchs for £100 + parts . If you press the clutch down and the arm going into the box moves all the way in it can only be the clutch .

Rich.

• 1 month later...

You were right, Rich. Got the car towed to a mechanic last week and after investigating they told me i need a new clutch kit. Now i'm just wishing that i'd live in England since the cost estimate he gave me was waaaay higher than what you'd charge!

I'm tempted to get a upgrade since now it's getting replaced anyway. Looking for something just a bit uprated, any suggestions? Have browsed through many topics here but haven't made up my mind yet. Also thinking about throwing in a itr flywheel as well.