Offset

Bri

Would 16's with 40 offset be better?

Also on the site it says that the offset should be 55?? Is this right.

Cheers.

Well, at least you've done some searching! This has been covered loads, but yes, stock et on the mb6 mc2 is 55 - very high. Wih stock suspension, anything below et40 can start rubbing, but that isn't down to the alloy diameter alone, the alloy width matters just as does the tyre profile. If you're unsure, post the full wheel specs that you're trying to fit & it'll get checked :)

I don't think you'll have any big problems with those. The tyre choice is slightly smaller diameter than stock, so that'll help clear the arches. ET40 is near at the limit though, they'll be flush with the arch if not borderline MOT fail for protruding. I'd suggest going up at least 2, 5 better, but unless you're lowering loads don't worry! I've got 16s et45 7J with 1954516s & they fit spot on.

Cheers for the info, I have meister r's on the car and have about 600mm from wheel arch to the ground on the rear, this is with 15's on at the moment. I have the rear coilovers at their highest, this is why I'm not sure to get 15's or 16's??? If their goint to be flush, I think I'll take your advice and go up about 5.

Cheers Mate.

Alloy diameter doesn't matter as you would chose the tyre size that gives the same (closest) diameter. You could easily go for an 18", but with ultra low profile tyres & then a really horrible ride. 16s with that tyre choice will work well, you could possibly even get away with higher profile tyres, but if you lowering at all stay with the 45 profiles.