Electric Windows Slow!

supermike

Mine were really, really slow, but did always go right up.

I found a tip on here which was to spray the rubber seals around the window with sillicone lubricant spray.

My experience was good, did it several months ago and windows still work like new.

Only problem i had was smears, but i sprayed the bottom one which probably was a tad foolish. :lol:

Ha ha, yeah, a bit!! :lol: Just the run channel needs lubing guys, the rubber bit the window slides in!! Put the window all the way down, then just spray the sides, and work the window up and down a few times, should sort the problem!! 8-) If it dont work, you may have a twisted/distorted window run channel, or your motor is dying on your window regulator!! Hope this helps! :ugeek::D

Your cars suffer with the window regulators getting play in them so with you put the window up it pushs the glass against the rubber (to hard) and the window is slow . i have replace mine 3 times in 5 years with second hand ones its a common fault . but like has been said grease the runners and you can get the window to work . the regulator was a rover part :cry::cry::cry: . Rich.

Something i've thought about doing, was replacing the seals as the rubber seems to have aged badly, especially along the bottom, anyone know where to get this for the 'M' or is it just generic stuff you cut to fit, like i've seen in halfords?

Do you mean the seal the window runs in or the scrapper moulding that goes along the top of the door ,eather way its a scrappy or honda / rover part only.

I need all 4 scapper moulds if someone know the price of them . Rich.

Archived