Adjustable shocks with coilover sleeves?

Dexter

So 2 shocks from my 780£ H&R monotube coilover kit have broken. No warranty left, and they are asking 350£ for replacements. Whaaaaat? So i told them to keep them, i'd rather buy a full new kit from someone else.

Then i started thinking, if i could save the H&R springs and use them with some other manufacturers' shocks? They'd have to be adjustable and with coilover sleeves. I already contacted MeisterR about this, but does anybody else have any ideas where to look or if this is even an idea worth considering? So basically i'd be mixing and matching bits from 2 different coilover kits. I'm looking for something for street / occasional track use.

Koni would be nice but their coilover kit is almost the same price... i would have bought them in the first place but they're not TÃœV-approved for the MC2. Now it doesn't matter anymore, since i've got the marking on my registration that i've got an approved lowering kit, they'll never check it again :) . Also had a Koni Sport kit earlier which was real nice, so i'd do Koni again any day if the price would be right... but maybe it would be worth asking the price for the dampers.