Exhaust size and Flanges

Shaddow

Hi,

I recently had my car's emissions tested and they were well over! I have already replaced the lambda with genuine NTK one.

Believing its most likely the cat, I am looking at replacing it with a sports cat. (No point in de-catting as my MOT is due in Jan, and will need a working cat)

Most places seem to want £400+ for a sports cat ready to fit. I have found a couple of places who can do me a universal 200cpsi cat for about £100. Now just need some tubing and flanges to weld on.

MY question is, does anyone know what size flanges I need to get for the cat? I know the front fixing in a 2 bolt and rear fixing is 3 bolt.

I have a mongoose cat-back system (2.25 bore) with a japspeed manifold (Believe its 2" bore). My standard cat fits fine, so believe the standard flanges would be good enough, just need to find out exactly what size and possibly a good place to buy them from.

Plan is to then take it all to a metal fabricator and have them weld it up.

Any advice on the measurements and sizes would be great!

Oh, its an MB6 VTi-S

Thanks

Hi,

Yeah the car was nice and warm with oil up to temperature before test.

As for custom exhaust place, called longlife and they quoted my about £350+ including the sports cat, but would need to see car and would cut of my corroded flanges. (Would prefer SS flanges).

Any one know of recommended place in or near Milton Keynes / Bedford?