accord type r brakes on civic

jasons

So these are my 2nd set of calipers on the rear (about 2 - 3 years old) and they just seem to have a tendency to go sticky - especially if the car's not used for a week or so.

Admittedly they've not been stripped and cleaned, but as I say the calipers are pretty new in the grand scheme of things and it's not a problem I've had on any other car apart from my first one (pug 205).

always use green stuff, and don't have a problem with the stopping power :) just don't like rears because they seem prone to seizing. ;)

Fair one!

The EASIEST and most cost effective way, is to do a 5 stud swap. Whilst I can't vouch for the MB, having done 5 stud conversion on my old EG (with NSX brakes) and EM (with ATR brakes) it all just fits together with the correct "off the shelf" parts.

In my ownership of 7 civics of varying ages, Accords and a Prelude (And that doesn’t cover the EP’s, Jazz’s and ATR’s other family members own.) I personally can say ALL Honda models with rear disc brakes have handbrakes which are pap! Accords also have the clonkiest brakes of all the Hondas i've experienced so far.

I don't know if you have actually tried mounting these calipers to the MB hub yet, but as you already mention - I am sure reputable companies (Brembo?) can supply a disc to your measurements and drill them to 4x114.3. IIRC the Fiat Coupe Turbo runs a 300mm disc which are 4stud (although I don’t think 4x114) which may be worth a look at.

If you are wanting to make this a commercial venture - I think you would be looking at a very expensive package. Custom discs are going to be well over 3 figures per pair, with a set of decent pads (Ferodo?) then factor in the cost of a refurbished set of calipers / carriers / pins (you can’t sell grotty ones pulled off a banger in the scrappy) and possibly braided hoses... that puts it at over £500 and that’s just for the fronts! Sure economies of scale you coudl bring it downa bit but you see my point.

Considering the cost of an MB/MC seems to be about a grand for a good one these days, that’s a massive outlay. I’m sure AP, Brembo, D2 etc must do off the shelf kits for a similar price – although I am quite out of the car scene compared to what I once was, so don’t quote me!

All IMO of course!

Best of luck.

This man speaks sense think kinda what i was trying to say but not quite as good with words as this dude for what these cars cost and the age you kinda live with it leave it parked in gear on hills ;) .