leak

mark11

Hi,

Not sure if this is in the right place.

Ive noticed today some drips from where the heater is behind the glove box, it was dripping on my wife's feet. it wasnt a lot just a few drips now and then. im wondering if there is a known fault on these for leaking or could it have been when i was driving round today through a lot of puddles (weather bad round here). Just wondering if water got in through air flow. Ive not noticed any water gone down on expansion tank.

Thanks

i was hoping its not heater matrix, :shock: not noticed any water go down in expansion tank, we wiped it earlier, the box is wet on the glove box side, not the back and its not wet above it.

do you think any water could have gone up the pipe that comes out the engine to the box - the rubber breather, just wondering if water has gone up that

• 2 weeks later...

I would also check under the large plastic plastic cover that sits at the bottom of the windscreen (scuttle cover) for blocked drains.

It is a bit of a pain to bit remove (plenty of fiddly clips and you have to remove the wiindscreen wipers) but I was amazed at the amount of rubbish hiding there.

I found that leaves etc had clogged up the drainage holes into the wings causing water to back up and then overflow into the heater fan intake.

Result. Water dripping from heater fan area and wet passenger side carpets. :(

This is now part of my annual servicing regime.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I also had the same problem with water coming in via the air intake in my mb9, I've also siliconed up round the edges of it as it seemed water may have gone through the surround of it. Prior to that i had a new windscreen as another leak was coming in through a dodgy seal, the screen had a crack in it anyhow. All very frustrating as its not good drying weather for carpets at the moment makes me now wish we hadn't converted our garage into a dining room. I'm hoping its the end of the water leaks but it hasn't put me off my first Honda at the age of 41, so practical, comfortable, reliable mechanically, nice to the eye aerodeck in pirates black and a good drive.