B18C6 Complete Head

Shaddow

Hi All,

Just trying to do some digging before I go ahead with a possible buy. I have a MB6 and want to get a bit more power from it. I have seen a B18C6 complete head on offer from a 98spec Teg. Will this be a direct fit to the B18C4, and will any further modifications be required?

I do not want to go ahead and spend £00 on a cylinder head if it means I also need to spend even more on other bits.

It seems most cost effective to buy a B18C6 cylinder head as opposed to just the cams.

Will my standard intake and exhaust manifold fit?

Do I require a re-map if I fit the head with cams?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Just spoke to the guy selling the complete head. As mentioned, its from a 98 Spec ITR with 93K on clock. Reason for breaking is the car crank blew a hole in the case. (Cam belt side).

My new question now is, would this have been caused, or coased any damage to the head?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

i'd think you would need, on top of the head, inlet (b18c4's are 2 stage vtec, rest arn't on the b-series engine...) inlet, ecu possabley... best asking on the civic life forum * other civic forum's avaible* as they are bigger, and there would be some one on there who can say yay or nay to more than just the head....

as for the hole in crank case, worst case is that the timing jumped when it let go and there hase been piston to valve contact....

• 2 weeks later...