B20b in an MB4?

levi

Hi all,

I am looking to buy an engine and build it in the garage ready to swap straight into my MB4 to minimise time off the road. There are several options:

-D16 Turbo. Same engine that I am running now, but turboed, problems with con rods etc after 200bhp ish?

-B18 or B20 with B18 vtec head swap. This seems to be a very expensive option. B18's are not cheap and I would have to buy a B20 as well!.

-B20 Turbo. Crv engines are cheap (2-3 times cheaper than a b18) and should be ok to boost to about 220 HP with a headgasket and head studs?

So the B20 Turbo looks a good option, but the question is..

Will it work? Is it a straight forward swap? Will the gearbox and driveshafts in my mb4 hold up?

Am I misguided on something in this post? Oh and my target power is 200-230 whp.

Cheers, Levi.

Thanks buddy, I've already had a read throughout them threads. A lot of good stuff but I can't find the answers to my questions (apart from the fact that it is possible).

Both of them swaps had b18 engines originally, being an MC2 and an MB6. How much difference does this make?

They already have different suspension and brake setups. Not sure what else, possibly better fue pump i dont know.

Im sorta expecting injectors and fuel pump will have to be replaced anyway.

I guess the main issues would be the gearbox, driveshafts and mounts. I'm sure that info is on here somewhere i'm just struggling to find it.

you will need fuel pump , you will need a b18c4 or b16a2 complete engine and box with shafts and loom and ecu and you will need mb6 hubs and brakes then you will need wheels as the stud pattern is different . you would be best to by a mb6 or mc2 damaged that way you will have all the parts you need .

Rich.

you will need fuel pump , you will need a b18c4 or b16a2 complete engine and box with shafts and loom and ecu and you will need mb6 hubs and brakes then you will need wheels as the stud pattern is different . you would be best to by a mb6 or mc2 damaged that way you will have all the parts you need .

Rich.

Rich, exactly the info I was after. Thanks a lot!!! Just trying to work out what's best bang for Buck :)