lowering mb2

pjrzn

Yeah i own the MB2 people say ebay coilovers are s**t but i'm not going on a track and just want it lowered for looks and they are fine plus they handle better than standard set up good for the £180 i paid for them anyway :) it will be the fitting that is the worst part lol

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah those 'coilovers' are pretty dangerous, i was the same as you when i first started modding and thought they looked cheap and decent but the guys on civic5 quickly told me why, but yeah those are pretty much the cheapest 'real' coilovers i could find and they are very good for the price! get a project thread started!

yeah I will be uploading pics soon - I can't believe how much transformation your mb2 had - so jealous

Yeah i own the MB2 people say ebay coilovers are poo but i'm not going on a track and just want it lowered for looks and they are fine plus they handle better than standard set up good for the £180 i paid for them anyway :) it will be the fitting that is the worst part lol

Lol - I haven't got the tools to fit it myself I might take it to a garage and let them fit it for me - I think it'll cost me £100 is it an okay pricE?

£100 pounds sounds okay, could take ages, might not take very long.

When I changed mine one of the members on here gave me a hand to do it, it's not too hard. I'm sure being in london there are a couple of bods localish who have done it and would give you a hand :idea:

My cuz and I can do it but the only thing I'm scared of is snapping the screw like what he did - lol he had to pay extra just to take it off -

£100 is a pretty good price! but now i know so much more about these cars i recon i could do it myself now

yeah im still learning atm - can't wait to get everything I need - (tooooolsss)

just watched a video and realised how easy it is to fit the coilovers- you just need the write tool fyfie can you suggest what tools I need for this so I can visit my local halfords

a good socket set should do the job for coilovers and if your putting the original top mounts on the the new coilovers i would recommend spring compressors even though people have done it without its pretty dangerous, also lots of WD40 to soak the rusted bolts a few days in advance and you should be good to go :)

a good socket set should do the job for coilovers and if your putting the original top mounts on the the new coilovers i would recommend spring compressors even though people have done it without its pretty dangerous, also lots of WD40 to soak the rusted bolts a few days in advance and you should be good to go :)

yeah my cousin is telling me that he snapped his bolts - that's why I'm kindof scared to change it myself lol